How to use this site

If you are here to visit me from a specific class, simply click on the class number above and the posts from that class will be displayed.

To read more of a post simply click on the post title.

thanks!

FONTS: The good, the bad and the ugly

We all know that fonts can make or break your presentation.
Graphic-Design asked designers their opinions on fonts.

Here is an excerpt from  Trish, a design professional in Tobyhanna, PA .

Not so good...

  1. As for fonts I hate, the leader is Brush Script. It really does not have a use outside of the sport industry in my opinion. It will always be associated primarily with baseball because of its historic over use in that area for logos and apparel.
  2. Second is Comic Sans. I'm sure you are getting plenty of mail on why. I do have a use for this font, however, in drafting related areas. I like to use Comic Sans for measurements and small notations in logo guides for construction related projects.
  3. Lastly is Arial. Part of this is because of the old Mac vs PC struggle through the 90s. Helvetica was the Mac san serif font and Arial was the PCs. I was a Mac all-the-way girl back then. Up close there are too many details about this font that don't work with my obsessive personality. The Rs, the Cs, the Os, etc. They just aren't perfect enough for me. I still use Arial as my foremost font for web and multi-media, but only because I feel like I have to.

For me you have to have three things to get all you need font wise:
www.whatthefont.com when you have to name that unknown font 
www.fontfreak.com huge free font database when you can't afford a font 
* The MyFonts newsletters (sign up at www.myfonts.com) love these beautifully designed, highly informative newsletters that come right to your email box. 
* Of course I have to add www.dafont.com to the list as a free font provider now after reading this month's newsletter. 

Read the entire article

0 comments:

Followers